4.02.2008

In Solitude



I must admit (and I guess on the internet no less) it has been a really lonely time for me lately. It's not that my health is at a low point, it's been a good semester with my Headache and Lyme- which has given me this opportunity to have much more time available to work on what I've always wanted to. Being trapped in a place where all you think about is what you could be doing if only you could think straight or get out of bed in the morning gets depressing- and now I'm at this point where I have the time and most of the energy and I've just been keeping to myself, staying home all the time, and not working nearly as hard as I feel I should be. I'm sure once the weather is consistently AWESOME, like it's suppose to be next week, I'll start functioning again. I miss carrying my camera around all day and night, going to galleries, running around the city in the summer time. I know it's all coming back, once the semester ends. But on that note, I've just been spending this time in my room, feeling sort of "blah" and estranged from my life. and over the past few weeks, of course some photos emerged from it.



There are a few others that correspond with this image, but it's definitely my favorite. It was 2am, and I couldn't sleep- finding myself hypnotized by the light radiating from my alarm clock and the blue light from my computer, I set up a 30 second exposure- and this happened, no photoshop required.

1 comment:

Lou Caltabiano said...

I really love the nighttime shot. The light is beautiful. And I understand what you mean about staying at home...because I too am trying to remedy it. Unfortunately, for most of my life have I chosen to just stay at home rather than go out and do anything, so it's a bit more of an issue to correct. But I'd love to go wandering around with you sometime.